Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Blustery Sort of Day

My new laptop is a blessing - my desktop having given up the ghost, I was forced to buy a replacement. Now I'm the sort of person who doesn't like to get into too many details , specially if they are technical. So, with minimum fuss, I got a Toshiba home and proceeded to fall in love with it. In fact it's the reason I'm back to blogging after so long.
I'm listening to 'Come Clean' by Hilary Duff - it seems very appropriate for the windy, blustery day it's been all of today. The moment I step outside, the wind grabs at my clothes, hair, eyebrows and tries its best to pluck off one or the other. But it's oh-so-invigorating to walk in the stiff breeze and breathe in lungsful of the monsoon wind. The pigeons aren't too happy, though - talk about ruffled feathers! They look like plump disgruntled cushions with all their feathers blown awry.
I baked Irish soda bread today and it turned out really well - chewy and crusty - seemed like the perfect accompaniment in this weather. With a hot mug of tea, it was perfect. Now, some Bailey's Irish Cream would've been perfect too!
And I indulged in my second favourite occupation today - shopping for clothes.
Now I'm listening to some 'Black Eyed Peas' - funky stuff or 'phunky' stuff , to be accurate, eh?

No comments: