Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Best Day of the Week



Sunday is definitely the day I look forward to. I don't have wake up at the crack of dawn (okay, 6 AM) and start preparing breakfast and packing lunch for my daughter. Instead, I get to sleep late and have a leisurely breakfast, catch up on some pending housework and cook something special. Today's lunch was Hyderabadi biriyani - replete with spices, chicken, fragrant basmati rice and ghee. Heavy but so fulfilling. I am going to try it again - the dum style takes some practice.
A friend of mine who's going through a bad time wrote back. I'm glad to get back in touch. What an empty world it must be if you cannot call and talk to a friend!
I just hope better days lie ahead.
DH has been having long calls and chat sessions with us. Funny how a webcam can actually make the distance seem shorter.
My daughter has an exam coming up Monday and while I enjoyed today ( we're having glorious weather, picnic weather in fact), the week looms ahead. Sigh!!

No comments: