Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dear Diary....


Don't you just love reading the 'Dear Diary..' kind of books? Like 'Daddy-Long-Legs' or Olivia? I wish I had a diary habit too - but since I don't , this blog will probably be the nearest to it. I'm at a cross-roads in my life - talk about mid-life crisis! Behind me I see the tough journey that I've been through and ahead, lies uncertainty. Like every other Indian parent, I worry a lot about my daughter (scond from left, front row, in the photo) and what lies in her future. Did we make the right decisions? Was I right to let her choose the path she's taken? Should we have counselled her against her choice? Parenting can be very agonizing at times.
I'm not sure what my next step should be. I feel like I'm at the very edge of the cliff ( shades of Jonathan Livingston Seagull, eh?) - either I plunge into the abyss or I find my wings and fly. But I'm sure I'll fly.

No comments: